[Bf-committers] Patch 6402 Bug in IDProperty handling of matrices and vectors

Hannu Parviainen hannu at astro.helsinki.fi
Fri Apr 13 12:01:05 CEST 2007

Thanks, that clarifies things. What about string-type properties, are
they still
under heavy development? The reason I'm asking is that I've got code like

char *dataStr
dataStr = (char*) RM_GetPropertyPointer(&ob->id, "example", IDP_STRING, 1);
uiDefBut(block, TEX,  0, "", 90,180,150,20,  dataStr, 0, 40.0, 0, 0,
"Example string data");

where dataStr now points to the IDProperty example->data.pointer, and
manipulating the
string leads to severe unstability. The property is initialized with the
IDP_new() as a string
and has enough room for the text.

Hannu