[Bf-committers] Re: Linux, Windowed by default (patch, needs discussion)

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Apr 11 01:34:00 CEST 2007

Hi,
cwant at ualberta.ca (2007-04-10 at 0953.52 -0600):
> Campbell Barton wrote:
> >Hi, We need to discuss making windowed default on linux (rather then
> >fullscreen)
> >- obvious reasons, make it easy for the new user and advanced users can
> >make it fullscreen if they like.
>
> I see this as a non-issue (other than "change for the sake of
> change") and I vote to keep things the way they are.

Here fullscreen shows a bug, which I would like others to test so it
can be traced to the app or the driver. The bug is that if top or left
sides touch the edge of screen, some items in the area to disappear
(3D view grid, for example). It also happens when the window has
frames but is dragged out the top or left edges, so it is not just
about fullscreen, just easier to notice then.

GSR