[Bf-committers] Linux, Windowed by default (patch, needs discussion)

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Apr 9 13:10:05 CEST 2007

Hi, We need to discuss making windowed default on linux (rather then
fullscreen)
- obvious reasons, make it easy for the new user and advanced users can
make it fullscreen if they like.

The patch makes blender work like Windows (mac too?)

blender -W # will run fullscreen, otherwise windowed

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=127&aid=6391&group_id=9

Below is some discussion from the bf-funboard ML

Jason van Gumster wrote:
 > My personal preference is to go borderless and fullscreen (in fact, I
 > often find myself wishing this were possible on other OS's).  However,
 > whatever the default behavior is doesn't bother me as long as I
 > have some way to get to my precious borderless set up. :)
 >
 >   -Fweeb
(Davide Vercelli - Agree's)