[Bf-committers] Clamp to name

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Apr 9 04:07:56 CEST 2007

On 08/04/2007, at 10:29 PM, Joe Eagar wrote:

> Hi.  I really love the new clamp-to constraint.  Anyway, I think
> the name clamp-to is kindof obtuse.  I think something like
> Constrain to Curve, Clamp to Curve or something like that would be
> better.

Agreed, 'clamp' isn't a good name, clamping doesn't really have
anything to do with curves specifically at all.

How about just calling it a Curve Constraint, like the Curve
Modifier. It's simple and self-explanatory, it constrains to a curve.
A Constrain to Curve Constraint is kinda redundant.

cheers,

Matt

PS. I've been wanting a constraint like this for a while now. Thanks! :)

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net