[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c buttons_object.c drawview.c editobject.c toolbox.c blender/release/scripts add_mesh_torus.py

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Apr 3 23:40:11 CEST 2007

On 04/04/2007, at 1:22 AM, Stephen Swaney wrote:

> It is not about 'appeasing' anyone.
>
> There is a written reference (somewhere!) in the Blender
> docs that the American spelling is preferred.

Yep, that's what I've been going by from the start, as much as I'd
rather be using the Queen's English :)

Most software by default uses US English, that's just the way it is.
Even considering Australia, NZ, Canada, etc, there are still more
people in the USA, and many people in non-English speaking countries
are taught US English too. Rather than a user pref, we do have a
translation system, so perhaps someone motivated enough could make a
UK English translation :)

cheers

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net