[Bf-committers] Hints for building bf-blender on Mac OS X with scons

jonathan ferguson jdpf at edumetrics.org
Sat Sep 30 05:19:33 CEST 2006

hi

For future reference, I have a few pointers for others trying to get
bf-blender to build on OSX Tiger with scons:

Use gcc_select to choose gcc-4.0.1 as the default compiler.

Move or remove any installed SDL libs in the /usr/local/ tree. For
some mysterious reason, the linker would always see these libs and
ignore the libsdl versions lukep put into the ../lib tree. If you get
conflicts with OpenAL, you'll know the linker is not seeing the ../
lib path. One could argue that, ideally, the install script would
test for such an install--- and avoid it--- but i gave up my
experiments with that (and hacking sdl-config) because the linker
would never see the proper path, even when hardcoded into user-
config.py. <sigh> When i moved the SDL libs aside, it all worked as
expected. :D

Download, build, and install openexr (in the default location of /usr/
local/) directly from openexr.org.

Don't try to use ports or fink to install other dependencies, use
the ../lib dependency tree.

And after it builds, find the Xcode project in blender/make/
xc_blender/xc_blender.xcodeproj

have a nice day.yad
jdpf