[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_brush.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern brush.c blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_brush_types.h blender/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c drawimage.c imagepaint.c vpaint.c

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Tue Sep 26 16:17:09 CEST 2006

Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Carsten Wartmann wrote:
>> Another thing, do you have somewhere some preliminary documentation? I
>> could not figure out how to use the clone tool or how to adjust the
>> alpha-value while painting. Maybe I am just blind?
>
> The clone tool is not new, there's some info on it in the 2.40 release
> notes:
> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Release_Notes/Image

Ah, ok. I expected it working like the clone tool in GIMP on one Image,
I see. Thanks.

> Not sure about what you mean by the alpha while painting. There's an
> opacity slider (maybe should be renamed to alpha for consistency?).

No the Opacity is working fine, this somehow controls how much water we
put in the paint ;°)

What I mean is I cant control the alpha of the color I put in the
texture with the brush, I can control RGB but not A.

See http://www.blenderbuch.de/tmp/AlphaProblem.png no slider for Alpha
so it always draws with Alpha set to 0.0 (or 1.0, I am always wrong
here). So when using TexturePaint on a Texture with Alpha you never see
any color, just holes....

Hope that makes it clearer?

Carsten