[Bf-committers] Mac Pro Quadro testing

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Wed Sep 20 13:07:06 CEST 2006

sprint at blendersprint.org wrote:
> Hiya,
> [...]
>
> PS: Also if anyone wants to suggest a good way of synching 3+ Blender
> instances for the CAVE, feel free to mail me. I've heared that using
> Python there is a 1+ frame time penalty and Verse is "not there yet". Is
> that about correct?

Yes, the 1+ delay is true (at least it was as I tried) You can come
around it using a Master which controls the Cave Slaves, so all will
have the same delay, hardly noticable on human interaction.

Or put a message actuator inbeetween on the Master that will also cause
that delay (you also get this when trying to sync two scenes with
messages, e.g. a Skydome)

Regards,
Carsten