[Bf-committers] Re: Screen dump - OpenGL content

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Sep 12 16:09:31 CEST 2006

Hey,

Rui Campos wrote:
> Thanks for this, will study it tonight. Can I bug you a bit afterwards
> about it ?

Sure.

> I was hoping to do it threaded and take full advantage of the Core Duo,
> this way, one CPU could do the encoding while the other was solely for
> Blender.

I suspect quicktime is already doing some things threaded, at least the
disk writing.

Toni Alatalo wrote:
> snapz is not free, but i am just abusing this possibility to wonder if
> it works well for opengl capture - it seems to have been good otherwise.

It works ok, but the demo version has expired here. Also, I don't keep it
installed because during the demo period and afterwards, it likes to
spontaneously remind me that I should buy their software.

> so has something happened with the event refactor now?

Haven't seen anything move in the last month, maybe Jean-Luc has made
progress on the GHOST refactor. I wouldn't count on having anything
functional enough for recording by the time the conference starts.

Brecht.