[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Mesh.c

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Sep 12 11:17:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 11 Sep, 2006, at 18:45, Martin Poirier wrote:
> This is a good opportunity to remind everyone to
> please do a clean followed by a full build before
> committing.
>
> It'll only take you a couple more minutes but save the
> chances of having insidious compile bugs.

Well, I think that's a bit too much!

A common error for people who use 'make quick' (only compile one
subdirectory) is that you forget to do a 'make' on parent directories
(like blender/source, which includes the game engine). The Makefile
dependencies (and I'm pretty sure Scons too) will find the changed
dependencies OK then.

Note that a 'make clean' also works on subdirectories only too, so it's
not a reliable solution even.

-Ton-