[Bf-committers] Re: handcrafted makefiles, autotools, scons and cmake ?

Jacques Beaurain Jacques.beaurain at geosoft.com
Sat Sep 9 00:00:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/8/06, Branan Riley wrote:
>hmm... Depending on how different Makefile and CMake syntax are, it
>might be possible to write a script to pull the makefile information,
>as well as the files from the directories, and update the CMake config
>files... I'll look at how the Makefiles are set up, as well as at how
>the CMake files are set up.

>Also, I'm about to setup KDevelop, so we'll see how the CMake files
>work for that :)

I have not attacked the KDevelop portion yet, but let me know if you
setup any platform flags for Linux successfully (I assume that the CMake
stuff for KDevelop will get used on Linux only).

On 9/8/06, Joe Eagar <joeedh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cool! so, now you need to find minions to help maintain it :)

I am more than willing to accept responsibility for this myself once all
the kinks are smoothed over. I have access to all three platforms (but
may need to hear from somebody who would be willing to do VS2003...)

Jacques