[Bf-committers] Re: handcrafted makefiles, autotools, scons and cmake ?

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 13:37:04 CEST 2006

Hi again,

I now have full CMake builds for everything including the GameEngine
and Player. I also cleaned up a lot of warnings using compile flags
for VS2005 (Still needs to be done for XCode) Here is another drop of
files. To keep your sources clean I recommend an out-of-source build
using the following procedure:

1. Make a directory callled cmake-build in the folder right above the
blender source directory (same place as lib). The CMakeLists files
also redirects the final linked binaries to this directory under
folders called bin/Debug, bin/Release ...

2. On the command line run the cmake generation command (e.g. "cmake
-G "Visual Studio 8 2005" ..\blender\")

3. Open the project generated in this directory and build the ALL_BUILD target.

Has anyone tried this? Let me know  if you run into any issues. There
is a VS2005 issue with Verse for which I will make another post.

Cheers,
Jacques