[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_material_types.h blender/source/blender/render/intern/source convertblender.c imagetexture.c rendercore.c texture.c blender/source/blender/src buttons_shading.c

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 06:46:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

first, apologies for my absence for some time now at
the sunday meetings. Still busy with 'other' things.
I see that you applied the unaltered patch as I have
provided it, this might not be a wise choice.
As I have said before, it wasn't really complete, it
still needs some additional work.
The main issue being that there is no real
'channel/axis' relationship, meaning that a green
channel might be the y axis in one app, and z in
another, and/or might be negated.
So I think it would still need some additional buttons
to negate/swap mapping axes. The code as is will not
work for all normalmaps, and because of this in some
cases will still result in bumps seemingly inverting
across an object. Just using the invert option of
'nor' (I mean when the 'nor' button is yellow) is not
always enough.
Anyway, someone else might want to look at that,
simple enough to do, I'd rather like to concentrate on
my other work.

Also, someone else has been working on normalmaps
recently too, just in case you haven't seen this
already:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74749
Maybe he'd like to work on it, his code might be
better as well, and has additional features too.

Alfredo