[Bf-committers] game engine sound interferes with sequencer sound

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 23:59:43 CET 2006

Is there some way we can fix this in the code?  Essentially any user
that tries to use sound in the sequencer (on linux or our other
platforms too?) is going to think that sound is broken unless they
have stumbled across the hints that you need to disable game engine
sound via command line (or some other tricks) to use the sequencer.
This was brought up at the conference, and is in a current bug report.

anyone familiar with openal and sdl and why they are having this
conflict and how we can fix it?

LetterRip