[Bf-committers] Re: meeting time an hour earlier

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Sun Oct 29 17:21:39 CET 2006

Shaul Kedem wrote:
> Can IRC chats be directed to a google chat? would be nice to have a way
> to follow up on chats from places which are IRC-deprived

Well, jabber supports transports. And I belive there are jabber server out there which support IRC
transport. And because xmpp (standardized IM protocall) equals jabber and because google talk uses
xmpp (and therefore jabber), there might be a way. :)

If the google xmpp server doesn't support irc transport, maybe a other xmpp server dose. And while
using this different xmpp server, I think you should still be able to talk to your google talk
contacts (maybe without some fancy non standard things google added).

See the public jabber servers list:
http://www.jabber.org/user/publicservers.shtml

panzi