[Bf-committers] Border zoom patch

Ben Stabler ben at half-dome.net
Fri Oct 27 22:17:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

That makes sense (I assume you meant the other way around though, zoom for
ortho and dolly for perspective), although it still doesn't answer the
question of "how much". Zoom deals with this by using a quadratic scale,
1.2^n away from the center of rotation. This means that no matter how big
your object is, one click on your mouse wheel will zoom you in/out by the
same proportions. We can't do this for dolly, because there is no "center of
dolly". I don't want to hardcode a value in. So, I have no idea what to do.

Ben