[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_view3d_types.h blender/source/blender/src drawview.c blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 02:48:29 CEST 2006

--- Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> theeth (Martin Poirier) 2006/10/26 01:34:24 CEST
>
>   Modified files:
>     blender/source/blender/makesdna
> DNA_view3d_types.h
>     blender/source/blender/src drawview.c
>     blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern
> readfile.c
>
>   Log:
>   == 3D View ==
>
>   Customizable Grid Subdivisions
>
>   This commit adds a numbut to the View Properties
> panel that lets you specify how the grid is
> subdivided.
>
>   This affects snapping in translations, obviously.
>
>   Default: 10 (behavior doesn't change)
>
>   That means people still stuck in feet and inches
> (shudders) can set it to 12 and have 1 unit = 1
> foot.
>
>   That also means you can work in "heads" when doing
> body proportions or whatnot (don't think of it as
> being limite to "CAD" uses).

This started with someone asking me about this exact
feature at the Montreal Conference followed with a
sort of "how much time would that take to do"
interrogation.  In the end, not much.

I know people usually frown upon that sort of stuff,
but this goes hand in hand with the Spacing setting to
create some very useful functionnality for certain
people.

Martin