[Bf-committers] Re: handcrafted makefiles, autotools, scons and cmake ?

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 24 17:00:05 CEST 2006

Jacques Beaurain wrote:

> Here is a tarball with the messages change to STATUS and the mkprot
> folder moved to mkprot_cmd.

Hi Jacques,

I finally made some time to have a look at your Cmake work. I think it
looks nice and is very promising.

I ran into to following (little) issues :

- I have both python2.4 and python2.3 installed. Blender on FreeBSD just
  does not compile with python2.4 (see my extensive earlier posts on this
  topic why ... a fix is yet unknown).
  The Cmake system choose 2.4, so I had to edit CMakeCache.txt by hand to
  fix this.

- Linking barfed on the verse library (how do I enable verbose mode ?).
  The NaN Makefiles for FreeBSD link OK, but without verse ;-)
  Here's the output:

    Linking C executable ../../../cmake-build/bin/blender
    ../cmake-build/lib/libbf_blenkernel.a(verse_session.o)(.text+0x83):
    In function `add_verse_server':
    : undefined reference to `verse_ms_field_value'
    ../cmake-build/lib/libbf_blenkernel.a(verse_session.o)(.text+0x232):
    In function `cb_ping':
    : undefined reference to `verse_ms_list_parse'
    ../cmake-build/lib/libbf_blenkernel.a(verse_session.o)(.text+0xa13):
    In function `b_verse_ms_get':
    : undefined reference to `verse_ms_get_send'
    *** Error code 1

  This is most probably easy to fix, but I'll leave that to you :)

The dependency handling looks good, the rebuild times too. Oh and nice
colors :)

I saw no further Cmake activity since September 19 on the mailing list.
Anyone ?

regards,
   Hans Lambermont