[Bf-committers] Border zoom patch

trip somewhere trip0o at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 04:26:47 CEST 2006

> The way I was planning to implement zoom to cursor was slightly different,
> in that the cursor would stay in the same relative place on the screen and
> the scene would zoom around it. This is different to the video, because if
> you look at the video you see that the cursor is repositioned to the center
> of the screen. What are your thoughts on this?

Hmm.. I not quite sure it recenters on zoom out in the app just how
the video recorded it. No wait it might be how it works. In the
program it uses left and right mouse movements to translate zoom
in/out so yeah the cursor is moving.. You way is better in that it
stay in place.

But two ways to do it are with the standard mouse wheel and ctrl+alt
click on the laptops which produces a very smooth zoom compared to
mouse roll. It the past there used to be a zoom button in the headers
but it's gone now.

I guess the mouse would have to have some sort of pixel poly detection
for perspective zooming to accurately zoom to the correct spot.

Good luck!