[Bf-committers] Re: Bullet physics plans/status/update

erwin at erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Tue Oct 10 02:38:23 CEST 2006

I'm involved in COLLADA physics, which is a standardization of the data
specification for rigidbody dynamics. Such data specification is related to
an API but not enough. There is a C++ abstraction layer called OPAL, but I
want a C API. Open Dynamics Engine provides a C API, but it is too specific
for that engine. I'll probably re-use some of the ideas of the ODE API and
SOLID collision detection API, but add some of the features necessary to
cover Bullet (and Havok and Ageia).

Thanks,
Erwin