[Bf-committers] Bullet physics plans/status/update

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Tue Oct 10 01:41:29 CEST 2006

Tom M wrote:
> Erwin,
>
>> Then I plan on providing a C-API, and integrate this in
>> Blender.
>

> that is excellent news.  For the C-API, Is there a standardized
> physics API that could be used?  I recall reading you are involved in
> some sort of standardization process as relates to physics APIs.
>
> LetterRip

Sure erwin is doing excellent work, but asking for a 'one physics engine
fits all' is like all physisists asking  for GUT (grand unifing theory).
The search for it is what the best (and lower) paid heads in physics are
working for and i guess it needs another bored swiss patent office
bureaucrat to be struc by the grand insight before we will see the light
and beauty of it...
And even if, i doubt that any CG software is able to struggle its way
throug the maze of 'total antisymmetrische Masstensoren' to get any
usable result.
So for time beeing, i'd suggest we'd better stick to what CG needs:
Fake it! and fake it the best you can ... even if you need to use
different tricks (tools) to get there.

Stolen from somewhere i can't remeber-->
"Using physical laws without knowing their limits is like expecting a
broom handle to give you a haircut"
0.02 euro by BM