[Bf-committers] ShadowMaps behaviour

jojospino at tiscali.it jojospino at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 9 19:13:34 CEST 2006

HI to all,I know that Ton currently is working on improving shadowmaps,
but I ask if the shadowmaps will still working as they worked before or
the behaviour will change.I use the feature for some advantage tricks,
like ambient occlusion or subsurfacescattering,and they work very well
(better than a custom shader).From the papers linked to the wikypage I
wasn't be able to understand if the new approach(irregular z-buffer)
will break compatibility with the old shadowmap technique.
If possibile the old shadowmap implementation should be keep in the
program,maybe as another option for shadowing or a completely separated
light type,they are really useful,much more than only for shadows.
Bye
Pino

Naviga e telefona senza limiti con Tiscali
Scopri le promozioni Tiscali adsl: navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/