[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editscreen.c

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Nov 30 18:59:22 CET 2006

> IMHO, wrapping the cursor is just bad UI design.
>
> It'd be better (and simpler) if the cursor simply
> disappeared and reappeared after transform *in the
> place where it started*.

What about a hot key to reset the current mouse cursor
position during transform (without changing the actual
transform value) to say, half way between the current
mouse position and the center of transformation? So,
there is no unintentional wrapping, but those who would
like a bit more room to move aren't out of luck.
I'd propose the space key. The nice thing is this
could be easily modified so that it would also help
those who are scaling downward get extra precision
when approaching the centre of transformation
(here hitting the space key could put the cursor
closer to the border of the space).

Chris