[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include BIF_editaction.h BIF_editnla.h BSE_editipo.h BSE_time.h transform.h blender/source/blender/src drawaction.c drawipo.c drawnla.c drawsound.c drawtime.c drawview.c editaction.c editipo.c editipo_mods.c editnla.c editsound.c ...

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Nov 30 04:00:42 CET 2006

On 30/11/2006, at 12:57 PM, Joshua Leung wrote:

> Marker Operations:
>
>   SHIFT MKEY - Rename marker (was CTRL MKEY)
>   SHIFT G - Transform markers (NLA, IPO, Action)

How about making these Ctrl M and Ctrl G, to be consistent with the
ones below (select all / duplicate). Then all you need to remember is
to add 'Ctrl' when you want to work on markers instead of keyframes.
It would be much easier to have a rule like this, rather than having
to remember special key combinations for each individual action.

>   CTRL A - Select all markers
>   CTRL SHIFT D - Duplicate markers (NLA, IPO, Action)

---

>   BKEY - select markers and other keyframes (if any)

Why does this work on both markers and keyframes, when the other ones
have separate commands for either markers or keyframes? Or maybe all
the commands should work like this is now, context sensitive so it
just works on whatever you have selected? Maybe it would be simpler
to use this way, but I'm not a hardcore animator so I won't assume.
Either way, it would be better to keep consistent - either they all
should have separate commands for keys/markers or they should all
work context sensitive on whatever is selected.

cheers,

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net