[Bf-committers] BlenderBuilds.com - simple rules ;)

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Tue Nov 28 01:09:04 CET 2006

I would like to state our rules at BlenderBuilds and say that we are
open to suggestions and anyone that cares to help us, having more
systems on our builds as well as improving our builds.

Our simple rules:
1. One Synchronized Development / CVS build a month
2. Our own Splash with credit to all the build maintainers
3. The source code must be downloaded from BlenderBuilds website

On 1:
- Synchronized means that everyone is using the same source and that the
builds are compiled using the same sources.

On 2:
- As a way to show that people are using a testing build we have our own
splash, this month will be Christmas related and a really funny one
thanks to Sacha ...

On 3:
- The website has a service running on the back that packs the cvs into
a source package that any build maintainer will have to download,
compile and then upload the package to the website. This source package
already has our splash patched into it.

Additionally we also try to provide Optimized and Debug builds.

I personally mailed Vladimír about his request, so in a near future
build we can also sport Solaris in our list.

-- Rui --