[Bf-committers] MSVC 7.1 compilation with scons : python short cut alt-p does not work at all .

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Mon Nov 27 10:46:21 CET 2006

Hi,

Note: I may have an exotic setup to begin with (using DAS-keyboard
layout http://www.students.tut.fi/~seres/DAS_en.html on WinXP).

For me the alt-p doesn't work either anymore. The alt-p does work in
builds from before the commit.

Now, the kinky part is that only part in Blender listens to the keymap I
have installed. So everywhere in the interface the qwerty QKEY is still
used, except in the texteditor. The alt-n shortcut works (but
qwerty-layout only, my keymap alt-n doesn't) in the editor, but alt-p
doesn't  work (neither from qwerty layout (printing a b in the
texteditor), nor DAS layout (printing a b in the texteditor)). I'm
certain that jms doesn't have a 'standard' qwerty layout (azerty,
perhaps?), and since Blender is used also outside the english speaking
community, jms and I are certainly not the only ones using a non-qwerty
keyboard/keymap... (qwerty should be forbidden anyway;).

I haven't tested what hotkeys still work in the editor and what keys
don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if more are broken.

What I *do* like about this commit is that I finally can type öäå in
Blender (yay), but it is still limited for very special characters. Like
in my keymap I can type shift-4 and I get the euro sign € and for
AltGr-0 I get the degree sign °(not that those are important for most
Blender work, but it can be annoying if one is writing any type of text
in Blender text editor, and suddenly it doesn't do as it is supposed to...).

Now, we all know that a event refactor is planned, and these problems
can be remedied with it. As a use case I'd like to see custom keymaps
being obeyed (and no, I am not going back to qwerty, since it is
unoptimised for proper typing, I'll just suffer until we can assign our
own hotkeys :).

/Nathan