[Bf-committers] Sun CC Solaris build

Vladimír Marek vlmarek at volny.cz
Mon Nov 27 08:18:35 CET 2006

Hi,

> > My name is Vladimir and I'm working on porting CVS Blender to Sun CC
> > compiler. I am already able to produce binary, thought I haven't tried
> > to compile with all options like OpenAL yet). I can publish the binary
> > if anyone is interested.
>
> As fellow Solaris user, exellent.

Great :) I will publish the CVS build here then, but it may take me some
time, as I'm currently quite short on time.

> I have a CC build up 2.37T3 but since the elbeem code was intruduced it
> couldn't get it work anymore (Lazy ass me :)).

Elbeem is not that bad, it's just missing several include files (stdio,
stdlib, ieeefp from the top of my head). This will be my next bug with
patch @ bugtracker. Where I really had problems was blender internal
memory management. See

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=125&aid=5299&group_id=9

> What compiler version and solaris version are you building with?

I work for Sun, so I'm mainly exercising development version - SunStudio
11 (cc -V returns 5.8). But I seem to get the same results with
SunStudio 10 (cc -v returns 5.7). I don't know which build are they.

Thanks
--
	neuron

> --
> Barbie - Prayers are like junkmail for Jesus
>
> I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
> I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.

I've seen my Solaris desktop running Blender :-) I was using it for Sun
Tech Days for presentation of Dtrace, and quite few users were surprised
that Solaris can do accelerated 3D.

> I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
> All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
> week. Time to die.

ZFS is your friend :)