Subversion (was Re: [Bf-committers] Help request build systemsfor Bullet 2.x upgrade)

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sat Nov 25 22:28:16 CET 2006

Erwin Coumans wrote:

> So there is no Subversion integration with 'gforge' user/project
> management possible?

There is, but the version of gforge we are running predates
svn becoming popular. To make things worse, our gforge is
a locally compiled version with modifications to the source
(I don't actually know who made the changes, why they made
them, or what the changes are). Then there are issues about
how upgradable the tables underneath gforge are: we would
be moving up a few versions, so there would likely be
breakage. Then the question of importing cvs repositories
(not just bf-blender) into subversion -- I have no idea
what's involved there or how automated this would be.

So, basically, this upgrade is waiting for somebody with
sufficient expertise to take the time to do it (with some
fallback plan if it doesn't go smoothly).

Chris