[Bf-committers] Arabic interface

M. Bashir Al-Noimi hali83 at cec.sy
Sat Nov 25 21:23:14 CET 2006

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Blender's translation system is a hack at best... partially because
> the original UI code was never designed to become translated. Attempts
> in the past 4 years to support translation have only delivered quite
> bad code, something I rather not see someone building on top of that.
> (Note that in Blender also names you gave to data yourself might get
> translated...)
>
> If we want decent translations and right-to-left printed text in
> Blender, a very big overhaul of core string/button/UI functions has to
> be done. I'd prefer to insist on doing this very good once!

The big problem is that i don't know how i can make overhaul for the
core cuz i don't know about C++, I've small experience in C++, i just
know Java/SWT well, but i know that "GNU gettext" can solve that in easy
way is this right ?

By result:
    If the core need making overhaul, we must fix this problem cuz it's
very important for all translations not for Arabic only . so what you
suggest to solve this problem ?

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://www.hali-sy.com/blog