[Bf-committers] ps3 and blender?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 22:20:01 CET 2006

> You are probably referring to compiling Blender for the optional
> installation of PS3 Linux ?

Yep, sorry for my lack of clarity in the original mail.

> You won't automatically benefit from the extra CELL SPU power unless you
> rewrite stuff.

I was aware of that - i was just curious if it 'ran at all' currently.
 Presumably it does?

A question you might be able to answer - is a 'Cell a Cell' - ie if
someone were to do optimizations for a IBMs cell based blades or a
Mercury computers Cell Accelerator Board

http://www.mc.com/products/view/index.cfm?id=106&type=boards

then would that work be directly portable to the PS3 running linux?

LetterRip