[Bf-committers] ps3 and blender?

Erwin Coumans erwin at erwincoumans.com
Sat Nov 25 21:36:12 CET 2006

At the moment, the only part of Blender that runs faster on PS3 CELL is
Bullet Physics.
I manually optimized parts of Bullet to run on CELL SPU's, for licensed PS3
developers.

You are probably referring to compiling Blender for the optional
installation of PS3 Linux ?
You won't automatically benefit from the extra CELL SPU power unless you
rewrite stuff.
This is doable, but not a trivial task.
Erwin