[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern customdata.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Mesh.c

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Nov 24 18:41:13 CET 2006

Not changing an API is ideal but blenders a moving target and the Python
API is still unfinished. - we also dont have as many devs with free time
as we might.
- Added to that there are plans to deprecate the existing API.

In this case. face.col could be white when accessed, rather then raising
an error (if UV's exist)
vertCols could be added when f.col written. It prefer not but it
wouldn't break scripts.

- the thing is, according to the docs, this works correctly- it was only
that I found any TFace mesh also had vcols and used that

Its also making the API work wrongly only to keep backwards compat for
people that knew it worked incorrectly.