[Bf-committers] Proposed changes re: procedural textures

Emanuel Greisen blender at emanuelgreisen.dk
Fri Nov 24 11:35:45 CET 2006

> Why not using a scheme like:
>
> java namespace like:
> "at.ac.tuwien.student.e0427417.mytex"

That could do it as well.

> or xml namespace like:
> "http://student.tuwien.ac.at/e0427417/mytex"

So could this.

> Then we'll need a fast hashmap, but I think a hashmap is needed in
> other places in blender anyway.

I guess we would need a hashmap for GUIDs as well, to do fast lookups.
But the good thing about GUIDs are they have a set size (128 bit), hence
they could be placed in structs that would in turn be placed in arrays
and such. I think either the namespace model or the GUID would work,
since they both do not have the ugly properties that indexes have.

./Emanuel