[Bf-committers] ffmpeg

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 23 19:59:58 CET 2006

Chris Want wrote:

>> Just tell me what I should try on FreeBSD. How to enable ffmpeg
>> (using my ancient NaN Makefiles ;-)
>
> The ffmpeg set up is a bit nasty with the make system -- it calls
> autoconf to configure the sources, and ends up spewing a lot of files
> in the source tree.

Yuck !

> I wonder if it could be easily 'cmaked'?
>
> To enable it, I think you have to do a
>
> export WITH_FFMPEG=true
>
> (yeah, there is no 'NAN_' in there, but I got tired of trying to
> police that naming convention.)

Sorry for setting up the NAN_'s ;-)

I get this (tcsh) :

setenv WITH_FFMPEG true

====> gmake all in extern/ffmpeg
./configure --disable-shared --enable-a52 --enable-gpl
--disable-audio-oss --disable-audio-beos --disable-v4l --disable-v4l2
--disable-bktr --disable-dv1394 --disable-network --disable-zlib
--disable-lzo --disable-vhook --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay
Error, no memalign() but SSE enabled, disable it or use --enable-memalign-hack.
gmake[2]: *** [config] Error 1

The Makefile in extern/ffmpeg/ does not have any platform specifics yet,
shall I try the --enable-memalign-hack for FreeBSD only ?

Hans