[Bf-committers] FFMPEG Static Linking

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 14:00:01 CET 2006

Yes, makes sense. The estimated gain on this side does looks even
worse. I used compress better (-9 on commandline zip) and obtained the
following:

Compressed 2.42a directory : 7.17 MB
Above with statically linked blender binary and static xvid library
added to estimate
extra size for a selected codec: 8.99MB
Above with dynamically linked binary and shared FFMPEG dlls for all
codecs: 10.6MB

So it is a 1.6MB download gain estimate using static libraries with
selected codecs only.

Cheers,
Jacques