[Bf-committers] Proposed changes re: procedural textures

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Nov 22 03:07:28 CET 2006

On 22/11/2006, at 03:39 AM, Robin Allen wrote:

> Proposed Changes:
>
> I'm proposing an array of structs to hold data about the procedural
> textures, requiring a simple list of function calls to register all
> the textures at startup. This can later be extended to hold plugin
> textures as well, as a first step to making the difference between
> builtins and plugins transparent to the user.

That would be great, using plugins in blender is a real chore right
now. One thing that's important too though, is that it would be great
if there were better ways for plugins to define their UI control
layouts. Right now the situation is pretty terrible, there's no way
to define a layout, and there's little or no access to the more
modern UI controls like colour pickers. It's usually just a barely
usable conglomerate grid of buttons stacked on top of each other with
no hierarchy or designed layout, which makes the experience of using
a plugin that much worse.

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net