[Bf-committers] main method in creator.c

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Nov 21 18:14:56 CET 2006

> Why is main in creator.c so large?  As I've been perusing through the
> blender code base, it seems that most of these c functions would fit in
> a 2 page print out at most.  Is main done this way to help
> initialization time?

I'm pretty sure its safe to say it was never refactored.  I think it just
grew as things were added to blender an no one has bothered to redo it.
(I could be wrong though, it could have been one huge function from the
start).  It has pretty much been that way since the code was open sourced
though.

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein