[Bf-committers] Arabic interface

M. Bashir Al-Noimi hali83 at cec.sy
Tue Nov 21 14:30:08 CET 2006

Hi all   :-)

    I want to translate Blender interface to Arabic language, I've
posted an e-mail about this subject at {Bf-committers} maillist, but i
couldn't get suitable support cuz most developer there interest in bugs,
so i sent to you this e-mail hoping to get suitable support  :-P  .

I'm a member from "arabeyes.org" Meta project so i want to establish
"Arabic localization for Blender Interface and documentation", but
before that i tried to translate some lines by myself, but i faced some
problems need urgent answers before establish the project for whole
members (in arabeyes.org), so please if you have any ability to help or
any remarks for us please just tell me :

1- The interface was wrong (1.jpg and its correction) although i
used UTF-8 encoding for *.po file. what's wrong !?
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/22/140272/01.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/22/140272/correction.jpg

2- Arabic language need Bidi mode (Right to left), the default layout of
blender is Left to right, how we can solve this problem ?

3- Lot of strings not included in *.po file for that interface
translation will not be completed, how we can you give us full strings
for Blender interface ?

4- We need *.pot file or empty *.po file to start translation process,
can you give us one ?

remark:
1- The attached file "Blender localize arabic.zip" include Arabic
strings into *.po & *.mo file format.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/22/140272/Blender%20localize%20arabic.zip

2- I got *.po file form this link:
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/po/

3- Our mailist for translation projects is :
doc at arabeyes.org

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://www.hali-sy.com/blog