[Bf-committers] Help request build systems for Bullet 2.x upgrade

erwin at erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Mon Nov 20 23:18:43 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade Blender to use the latest Bullet 2.x Physics engine.
All filenames and folders in Bullet have changed. This means the build
systems all have to be changed as well...

Basically, extern/bullet2 is the new location. Also, the include path is now
just the src folder.

My plan is:

1) disable the game engine for all platforms and all build systems
2) check in the working version of the game engine Bullet integration
3) Upgrade one build system at a time. Some help can be used for this step

Note that extern/bullet becomes obsolete, and after step (1), all files in
that folder will be removed. Unfortunately CVS doesn't allow folder
deletion, so some 'CVS Surgery' is needed. (Hans?).

Please let me know if this causes trouble,

Are there some volunteers that can help with one of the build systems
(Makefile, SCONS, CMake, MSVC projectfiles), once step 2 is done?

Thanks,
Erwin

PS: after this, I will add the C-API, which works with Bullet 2.x