[Bf-committers] Question on the matte nodes and 3d view aliasing

trip somewhere trip0o at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 02:12:53 CET 2006

Errr yikes! I just saw the matte nodea in sunday meeting.. Did not
even see that coming!.. Could someone post some screen shots of them
in use?

I am hoping you are right on the money like a real compositing app.
Example, In apps like After Effects we have one view that shows the
entire compostie in near realtime and ram previewed in real time.

The kick is that we can go into camera view and edit movies and
objects in 3d space with out rendering to see it's output on screen.
The other kick is that it is all Anti-Aliased within the 3d view.

Thats the One main point to this post, will Blender or can blender get
Anti-Aliasing in the 3d view through Blender and not through the users
need to turn it on by a different system configuration of the
computers card?

As example, Apple users have teh entire OS antialiased since the
entire GUI of the OS is running on the card. But no where is there a
download or a terminal command to turn on Anti aliasing for the 3d
programs, only if the program it's self has teh feature aka Maya has
it not sure of others...

It could do two things, Alow fast previews of videos and composites
that looks sharp for export and give better feedback of what the
product will look like before render.