[Bf-committers] Possible bug with viewpoint center - no reaction

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sun Nov 19 18:19:41 CET 2006

Hello again,

I submitted a bug report a few days ago which was closed as "WONTFIX",
regarding the fact that recently, switching to camera view changes the
viewport rotation center, so that a workflow

model -> numpad0 -> hmmm -> render -> return to model view (by brief MMB dragging)

is disrupted.

Ton told me that this was an intentional decision because it was somehow
"more intelligent" and that it had been discussed somewhere.

For me, this is still a bug and has no benefit over the old method where the
viewpoint rotation centre stayed the same when you switched to camera view
(with pad0) and back (by a brief MMB drag).

So, what's the deal?