[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include BDR_sculptmode.h blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_scene_types.h blender/source/blender/src drawview.c sculptmode.c space.c

Doug Olllivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sun Nov 19 08:29:12 CET 2006

I personally don't think there should be ANY existing hotkeys used in
sculpt mode, at maximum, i think scale, rotate... could be usefull if
other objects are around which need to be fitted with.

Its a new "mode" which is more than just a tool so you can basicly start
a clean slate. The only hotkeys i think should be kept are the ones that
will switch to Vertex paint etc...

Also about the D key, please, please just try the idea of having both
strength and size on the same key but one on the X axis, and one on the
Y axis. and Please try the download of Deep-paint-3d which i linked you
to.  it really is the best method i have ever found,  when i first used
it i almost had an orgasm it was so good.  please try it,  if they user
wants to limit to either size or strength, then they can do it like
normal with a MMB to lock it in either X or Y direction.  very fast,
very efficient.  then we don't need two tools.

For those who have never used Deep-paint-3d,  its got a great htokey
interface for drawing,  Ctrl+ left/right and up/down will control both
opacity and size.

http://www.righthemisphere.com/support/downloads/download.php

Also Nicholas, have you read the list of hotkeys that could definitely
be safe to remove?

Doug Ollivier