[Bf-committers] system() with spaces

Tony Agee tonyagee at cox.net
Sat Nov 18 23:45:29 CET 2006

And it doesn't work for me either, but I observe that the error on the
console after a failure in blender, is the same as the error I get when I
run (from a command prompt):

"C:/Program Files/Blender Foundation/Blender/blender.exe -a
c:\tmp\0001_0020.avi"

Don't mean to be repetitive, but I see people reading things too fast and
missing details ALL THE TIME. Observe that the line above is one long string
enclosed in a single set of quotes, unlike below where there are two
separately quoted sections, with the switch unquoted. The line below is
presented as it would be typed at the console, and would need additional
quoting to be embedded in code.
Hope that helps. :-)