[Bf-committers] (no subject)

Tony Agee tonyagee at cox.net
Sat Nov 18 21:01:48 CET 2006

I gave CMake a try. Seems to work very well on Win32, after overcoming some
little hurdles:

On both my linux and windows machines, it was necessary to do a fresh
checkout of the blender source to get all the cmake files, updating didn't
work somehow, and cmake failed to generate build files.

( I had the same issue with the Wintab files, recently added to
lib\windows.)

But with the fresh source it was very easy:

 md cmk

 cd cmk

 cmake ..\blender

start blender.sln

<optionally> choose Release on the msvc toolbar

Hit F5, and wait.

Then go find the binary. :-)

It will be very nice when cmake produces a 'distribution' directory, as
scons does.

On linux, I've yet to get a successful build.

 First, it defaults to trying to build Quicktime support, which I can't find
any confirmation that it's even possible. If someone could give a hint on
that, I'd much appreciate it.

 But, it's easy enough to stop it, by editing blender\CMakeLists.txt.

The stopper I'm hitting is:

/usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such
file or directory

while building target bf_ftfont.

Scons builds freetype support with no problem, and
freetype/config/ftheader.h exists in /usr/include/freetype2.

I'll provide more info, if needed, to figure this out, or if I'm just doing
something wrong, I'd love to know it.

Many thanks to Jaques for ffmpeg support for Windows!!