[Bf-committers] system() with spaces

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Nov 18 16:02:34 CET 2006

I've tried to fix a bug (see my last commit) in the tracker which involved
spaces in the path to the Blender binary.

After the commit, PLAY (and other places which call the Blender binary)
still worked here on Linux. I just quoted the path (system("\"%s\" ...)
instead of just system("%s ...")), but it seems like this breaks win32.

Does anyone know what the official "recommended" way is on win32 to handle
paths with spaces in system() calls? Maybe we need to put this into
#ifdefs...