[Bf-committers] "Design decision" for DEL / NUMPAD0

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Nov 18 15:44:46 CET 2006

Hello,

Ton just told me that somewhere in the past, it has been decided that
changing to a camera view (NUMPAD0) should also change the center of
rotation for orbiting (which for me is a bug and I filed a bug report about
it unconsciously).

Can someone state the reasons why this has been decided?

A frequent workflow is to concentrate on an object (DEL), then switch to a
camera view (PAD0), maybe render, and then RETURN TO WORK ON THE OBJECT by
dragging MMB. Since a few versions, suddenly, changing to a camera view
CHANGES the center of view rotation (to a - to me, an innocent user - totally
arbitrary point in space), and I can't see how doing this is useful in any
imaginable way.

If I'm again totally wrong here :-), please point me to a URL that proves me
wrong.

And forgive me that I've started using official Blender again and thus am
now spamming all forums, trackers and lists again ;)