[Bf-committers] Blender Linux and ffmpeg xvid?

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Nov 17 20:28:05 CET 2006

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Carsten Wartmann wrote:
>
>> Erm. Yes. I could not get it compile with scons....I dug a bit in the
>> forums but with no luck, had the feeling its only woring with the
>> makefiles. So I installed it form the distribution.
>>
>> However, I have exactly the same problem on Windows (MinGW/msys)?!
>
> Oh. Well, I use the Makefiles, so I didn't notice your problem. Seems
> like a
> build system maintainer needs to update other build systems still to use
> the
> ffmpeg provided in extern/ ?

I believe part of this issue is the internal ffmpeg relies on configure
to set the environment and options.  I tried coercing scons to do the
same and then figure out what options ffmpeg was going to use, but
wasn't successful.  Maybe Nathan could succeed?  Or better yet, *not*
have ffmpeg use configure in the first place (unless that's already been
done).

Ken