[Bf-committers] Re: msvcr71.dll not found

Eugene Reilly gene001 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 01:28:11 CET 2006

It sounds like the Blender build was compiled with MSVC 7 and it wasn't
compiled with the VC7 C++ libraries (via a manifest) nor were the libraries
added to the Blender folder, so Blender went looking for it and couldn't
find it.  I gather that the PC that had the error had the old VC6
libraries.  As far as Max having it in its, so do a bunch of other guys too
(e.g. Inksape, Google Earth, OpenOffice).  What were the PC specs that had
the issue, specifically, was it XP SP2 or SP1?

Blender should not be using that file I don't think (we should be
compiling without it), where are you getting the blender version that
you used from?

LetterRip

On 11/16/06, mindrones <mindrones at yahoo.it
>* Hi all,
*>*
*>* needed to do a yafray rendering pf a blender file, copied on many pc
*>* when launching a standard version of 2.42a on winXP, one of the pc said
*>* "msvcr71.dll not found" (just on one of the 3 pcs).
*>* we were in a hurry, but we saw that the same file is also used by
*>* 3dstudioMax on another PC (the problematic pc didn't have max)
*>* by instinct we copied msvcr71.dll from that pc in the main folders of
*>* blender and yafray on the problematic pc
*>*  worked fine*

--
Eugene (etr9j)@

http://www.blendernation.com - BlenderNation - Fresh Blender News, Every Day