[Bf-committers] Semi Off-topic: Optimised/Adaptive AO

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Nov 15 01:47:38 CET 2006

Hi,

Just a heads-up to those who might be interested, I've recently read
a couple of very interesting articles on XSIblog about optimising AO
sampling based on a 2-pass approach to figure out where the samples
are needed. They're setting it all up in Mental Ray shading nodes,
and although we don't have that flexibility, we do have the source :)
Perhaps this is nothing new, but could be an interesting read for
people here, so check them out if you like!

Adaptive Occlusion:
http://www.xsi-blog.com/?p=118

Motion Vector Driven Occlusion:
http://www.xsi-blog.com/?p=119