[Bf-committers] Sequencer feature requests from Plumiferos

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Nov 14 13:43:52 CET 2006

Hi there !

We at the studio have been using Blender Sequencer a
lot. It's great, it's fast and does the job.
There are a couple of tiny annoying things with it
that makes our workflow slower than what it could be.

1- Importing of videos has to be done "one at a time".
I mean, you cannot just select a bunch of video files
and import them at once (and putting them concatenated
in same channel for instance)

2- Two video strips cannot "collide" in same channel.
I mean, if you have two strips in same channel, and
you drag one over the other (still in same channel),
when they "touch", the dragged one is immediately
changed to a higher channel. This behaviour makes
editing a little uncomfortable, forcing the user to be
very precise if trying to just put one strip after the
other with no space in between. What we think would be
better, is when second strip "touches" the first one,
just stay there (do not change to higher channel) as
it happens when the strip is an image sequence.

These two features, we think would greatly improve
productivity with this great tool and we would really
appreciate and thank anyone willing to cope with them.

BTW, our congratulations and thanks to Peter, Matt,
Brecht, Damiles and the rest of the gang who were
working on this part of Blender lately ! Good job guys
!

Regards

malefico (in behalf of the Plumiferos Team)